Communities selected to host Decisive Farming Curlingtown presented by Crescent Point Energy with Team Laycock/Team Saskatchewan
Team Laycock / Saskatoon, Saskatchewan December 10, 2015 / Team Saskatchewan and the 2015 Decisive Farming CurlingTown presented by Crescent Point Energy selected its 5 locations to host youth curling events.
Team Laycock, the 2015 Tim Horton’s Brier Bronze Medalists along with their sponsors Decisive Farming and Crescent Point Energy are excited about the upcoming 4th annual CurlingTown events. This initiative is Team Laycock’s way of driving participation by visiting five communities across Western Canada and teaching youth about Curling, sport, dedication, team-work and work ethic.
Numerous Curling clubs across the prairies submitted applications to host. The following locations were selected based on the excitement expressed in their applications:
After school junior clinics:
- Tisdale Curling Club, Tisdale, Sask – January 18, 2016
- Outlook Curling Club, Outlook, Sask –January 19, 2016
- Rosetown Curling Club, Rosetown, Sask – January 25, 2016
- Yorkton Curling Club, Yorkton, Sask – January 24, 2016
Grand Finale event – includes junior clinic, a friendly game between local champion curling team and Team Steve Laycock, and a community Lunch:
- Carnduff Curling Club, Carnduff, Sask – January 23, 2016
The team hopes each selected community will rally around their events and encourage youth to learn about curling, skill development, but most importantly to grow confidence and have fun!
“We are super lucky to have sponsors that allow us to help promote and grow the sport that has given so much, since 2012, we have seen the commitment from Decisive Farming and Crescent Point Energy and we continue to grow it bigger year over year.” said, Kirk Muyres, Team Laycock – Third. “The special part of the tour for us is to not only growing the participation at the youth level, but also teach kids about dedication and create some lasting levels of confidence in our future leaders and Olympic Athletes.”
The Curlingtown scheduled tour dates are below. Contact your local community curling club for more information and to get involved!
Club Town Club Contact Event Date/Time
- Tisdale Curling Club Tisdale Brenda Olson – 306-921-5653 Jan. 18, 2016 - 4-7pm
- Outlook Curling Club Outlook Joanne Deschamps – 306-867-7508 Jan. 19, 2016 – 4-7pm
- Rosetown Curling Club Rosetown Laurie Slocombe – 306-882-2644 Jan 25, 2016 – 4-7pm
- Yorkton Curling Club Yorkton Neil Weinmaster – 306-783-4127 Jan 24, 2016 – 10am-1pm
- Carnduff Curling Club Carnduff Kelly Thompson – 306-482-5015 Jan 23, 2016 – 9-3pm
The day will consist of Team Laycock signing autographs, taking pictures, teaching skills and chatting with the kids about their own experiences and allowing the kids to meet the 2015 Brier Bronze Medalists. We look forward to seeing you all there!
For media & interview requests please call or email:
Kirk Muyres, Team Laycock – Third